Time: 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Recent organizational changes.
- Availability of and feedback on the BB-Testing WIKI page.
- Discussion of testing protocols under the HTML Best Practices/FAE categories and the Accessibility Evaluations Form.
- Assignments to review and retest Existing WebCT Issues and Blackboard Issues.
- Discussion of communication needs
- Date and time of standing meetings
- Additional issues
Scribe: Mark Burris
- Hadi or Mark: Ask Bb for access to update members on BB-Testing Listserve
- Mark: complete changes to BB-Testing page on BB Wiki
- Hadi will include the HTML Best Practices updates in the updated Accessibility Evaluations Form page.
- Hadi will retest WebCT Issues #5-10 so they can be reported to Behind the Blackboard.
- Mark will assign additional issues to BB-Testing Group members.
- Draft a letter requesting clarification of Blackboard's commitment to participation in teleconferences.
- Date: To be determined
- Time: To be determined
- Phone: To be determined
- Jon Gunderson
- Hadi Rangin
- Mark Burris
1. Recent organizational changes
- To streamline the process of adding members to subgroup listserves, it is recommended that we ask permission for Sub-group leaders to add members to listserves directly.
2. Availability of and feedback on the BB-Testing page on the Blackboard Accessibility Interest Group WIKI (http://www.athenpro.org/wiki/Blackboard/WebCT)
- Change “FAE categories” to “CITA Best Practices”
- Change the url to http://html.cita.uiuc.edu/
- After reviewing the Academic Suite and Concern reporting pages on the BB-Testing Sub-group page, concern was expressed at the level of detail that BAIG is being asked to provide to Blackboard. Lack of resources by BAIG members was seen as unsustainable and the level of detailed reporting was viewed as the responsibility of Blackboard.
3. Discussion of testing protocols under the FAE categories and the Accessibility Evaluations Form
- Jon reported that HTML Best Practices protocol is being updated
- Hadi reported that the HTML Best Practices would be Included in Testing Protocol
- The timeline for completion is by the end of Tuesday April 15.
4. Assignments to review and retest Existing Issues
- To maximize issue evaluation, it was suggested that specific issues be assigned to specific individuals.
- Hadi volunteered to complete the current WebCT Issues list through item #10 (he has already completed the first 4).
5. Discussion of communication needs
- It was the consensus of the group that Bb participate in each subgroup for meaningful feedback to developers and that a letter be drafted requesting clarification regarding Bb’s participation in these meetings.
6. Date and time of standing meetings
- Next meeting day and time is to be determined, following the results of Agenda Item #5 above.
- Thursday 1 PM CDT remains a good time to meet for those who were present.
- It was recommended that to achieve better participation in BB-Testing activities that Mark send emails directly to individuals in addition to the BB-Testing listserve.
7. Additional issues
- No additional issues were discussed
- Meeting adjourned