Library is one of the most fundamental resource for any student and
faculty. Many articles, books and journals are offered on-line and
many old and paper-based resources have been transformed into a kind
of electronic format. The on-line availability of resources gives the
researchers the opportunity to conduct their researches and studies
more effectively and productively so now any member of university
community can access the library on-line resources any time at his/her
convenience and from any place. This can increases the quality and
productivity of the researches significantly.
Unfortunately, this great resource is not fully accessible to the users with disabilities and as the result disabled users are not able to perform their researches and studies independently or within a reasonable time and compete with their peer-partner properly.
We just started Elsevier Accessibility Working Group to work collaboratively with our partners in other educational institutions and Elsevier product manager and application developers to identify accessibility problems with the Elsevier Web interfaces and resolve them in such a way that the Web interfaces can be more accessible and usable to everyone including users with disabilities. Please consider to join us in this effort. You can find out how to join this group in the Discussion List section below.
currently we are conducting accessibility testing and evaluation on:
To view the detailed accessibility report on Scopus site and the illustration of the accessibility issues go to User Scenarios page
Note that the reported issues are not complete and does not cover all corners of the application. We will be adding more issues as we identify them or receive them.
- Currently no teleconference is scheduled.
Agenda for the next meeting/teleconference
- Follow up with Paula Kaufman regarding her meeting and presentation at North America Advisory Group
- Training in accessibility and Universal Design
Open Action Items
- Update on Issue lists
- Person responsible: Hadi Rangin
- Status: In progress
Minutes for Previous meetings/Teleconferences
- Meeting on 2007-10-10 at 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-09-07 at 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-08-23 at 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-06-26 at 10:30 AM EDT; 9:30 AM CDT; 8:30 AM MDT; 7;30 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-05-18 at 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-05-10 at 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- To join this interest group, send an e-mail to Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com).
- To post an e-mail to the list, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To subscribe to the Elsevier Accessibility Mailing List, send an e-mail to listserv.listserv.uiuc.edu with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe elsevier-access-l your_name
- To view the archive of this list, go to Elsevier Accessibility archives .