Time: 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Update on CIC support for the letter to Elsevier (Jon)
- Status of the letter to Elsevier (Mary Beth)
- Video clips on accessibility issues
- Update on Issue lists
Elsevier Accessibility Teleconference Minutes 09/07/2007
By: Ranti Junus
- Date: Wednesday September 26, 2007
- Time: 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Phone: 217
- Ranti Junus, MSU
- Ted Gies, Elsevier
- Jon Gunderson, UIUC
- Hadi Rangin, UIUC
- Mary Beth Allen, UIUC
Suitable meeting time
Discussing other meeting time possibilities; Fridays seem not OK for some of the group participants. suggested time: Wednesday 10:00 EDT/ 9:00 CDT
Letter to Elsevier
The plan to distribute the letter raised red flags from CIC.
Jon will meet with the Library to formalize the process, not only for Elsevier but for other databases as well.
Might take sometime to get formalized.
Will need to prioritize due to limited staff resources; usually bypass
Customer requests tend to get priority.
Accessibility might get more attention if customers request it.
Ted: need more clarification on the video about structure . Example:
header tag for the tabs on the search result.
Hadi: the header will be the active tab
Ted: Tags on an unordered list?
...Detailed discussion how to make tab pannel interfaces accessible...
Ted: The best way to present the numbered results?
Hadi: Best to avoid tabular result; using colspan or rowspan destroy the structure.
Ted: Users with screen readers can read the tabular data OK?
Hadi: not if use colspan/rowspan, as well as the nowrap
- To join this interest group, send an e-mail to Hadi Rangin (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To post an e-mail to the list, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- To subscribe to the Elsevier Accessibility Mailing List, send an e-mail to listserv.listserv.uiuc.edu with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe elsevier-access-l your_name
- To view the archive of this list, go to Elsevier Accessibility archives .