Time: 10:00 AM EDT; 9:00 AM CDT; 8:00 AM MDT; 7:00 AM PDT
- Update on Ted's presentation/meeting on September 17 on the accessibility of Elsevier interface
- Update on Issue lists
Elsevier Accessibility Teleconference minutes 10/10/2007
Scribe: Nymphaea Notschaele
- No meeting has been set; the group will discuss offline and suggest a new teleconference if needed.
- Ted Gies, Elsevier
- Nymphaea Notschaele, Elsevier
- Jon Gunderson, UIUC
- Hadi Rangin, UIUC
Ted presented the clips to Scopus team in September. We talked about how to make Scopus more accessible what needs to change in process. For example if there are coding guide lines, what technologies are used at Elsevier and who decides on the technologies used.
There has been an Ebsco press release about how they improved the accessibility and these findings will be presented on a conference (higher grounds)
There will be an meeting of the North America Advisory board with Elsevier from the university Paula will attend and she agreed to mention accessibility to Elsevier. John will see if he can find out who of Elsevier is attending.
Ted and Nymphaea will give a Webinar to improve general awareness in
Elsevier on Web accessibility (planed for next month).
We can plan a Webinar for Scopus internal; to education, share success stories and have an open question forum. We would like to have you contribute in this.
There is a best practices group, they meet to discuss technical details (web 2.0 etc) of web accessibility. Ted and Nymphaea are welcome to join.
- To join this interest group, send an e-mail to Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com).
- To post an e-mail to the list, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To subscribe to the Elsevier Accessibility Mailing List, send an e-mail to listserv.listserv.uiuc.edu with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe elsevier-access-l your_name
- To view the archive of this list, go to Elsevier Accessibility archives .