Time: 3:00 PM EDT; 2:00 PM CDT; 1:00 PM MDT; 12:00 PM PDT
- Review priorities of identified accessibility issues
- Status of the demo server
- Update on recorded issues in the Issue list
CARLI/Ex Libris Accessibility Teleconference 06/15/2007
- Hadi Rangin
- Jon Gorman
- Jon Gunderson
- Mike Dicus
- Linda Voyles
- Robert Gervorski
- Mary Beth Allen
Hadi objected to emphasis on "ADA," preferring emphasis on "accessibility."
Ex Libris will not make its development server available to off-site
testing but, Hadi and Paige are invited to the Chicago offices in November or December to do some pre-field-test testing.
Linda admitted that their Jerusalem office had done something similar during MetaLib development and that it had worked out well. They want to combine the best of that approach with the best of the field test approach that they already have the infrastructure to support.
Hadi and Jon Gunderson objected to relying solely on field testing is that by then it's too late to make significant changes.
Robert agreed to review the best practices documents that Hadi/Jon supplied, and graciously accepted Jon's gracious offer to answer any questions about best practices that he and his developers have.
Linda said they'd shared UIUC's accessibility testing tools with the MetaLib developers in Jerusalem, and were waiting to hear back from them.
Robert is going to mark up Hadi's list of specific concerns about the current WV to indicate which problems he believes will be addressed in 7.0.
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) to be added to or deleted from the CARLI Accessibility Mailing List.
- You can also subscribe to the CARLI Accessibility Mailing List by sending an e-mail to listserv.listserv.uiuc.edu with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe carli-access-l your_name
- CARLI Accessibility archives