Library is one of the most fundamental resource for any student and
faculty. Many articles, books and journals are offered on-line and
many old and paper-based resources have been transformed into a kind
of electronic format. The on-line availability of resources gives the
researchers the opportunity to conduct their researches and studies
more effectively and productively so now any member of university
community can access the library on-line resources any time at his/her
convenience and from any place. This can increases the quality and
productivity of the researches significantly.
Unfortunately, this great resource is not fully accessible to the users with disabilities and as the result disabled users are not able to perform their researches and studies independently or within a reasonable time and compete with their peer-partner properly.
We have established this collaboration group to work collaboratively with our partners in other educational institutions and Ebsco application developers to identify accessibility problems with the Web interfaces to Ebsco database and resolve them in such a way that the Web interfaces can be more accessible and usable to everyone including users with disabilities. Please consider to join us in this effort. You can find out how to join this group in the Discussion List section below.
We have generated several detailed accessibility reports on Ebsco product including video clips illustrating the interaction with the Ebsco database using Jaws screen reader.
- To view the video clips demonstrating the accessibility problems go to Scenarios page
- To learn more about the accessibility reports go to Evaluation page.
We have conducted extensive accessibility testing and evaluation on Regular interface to Ebsco Academic Search Premier which became the basis for our collaboration with Ebsco Publishing. Ebsco development team has quickly acted on the reported issues and addressed most of the accessibility issues in their newly redesigned interface. We are very pleased that Ebsco has responded to our collaboration efforts so positively and quickly. We are glad to see that any researcher from anywhere in the world can benefit from the new interface including researchers with disabilities.
Note that the reported issues might not be complete and does not cover all corners of the application. Our collaboration with Ebsco will continue and we will test and evaluate the accessibility of Ebsco Web interfaces and report to them as we identify new issues, and of course, we will be working with them to resolve them.
- to learn more about the accessibility problems with Ebsco Academic Search Premier and their up-to-date status go to Issues page.
- preview link of EBSCOhost updates scheduled to be live at the end of July
Minutes for Previous meetings/Teleconferences
- Meeting on 2008-12-11 at 10:00 AM EST; 9:00 AM CST; 8:00 AM MST; 7:00 AM PST
- Meeting on 2008-09-05 at 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2008-02-07 at 2:00 PM EST; 1:00 Pm CST; 12:00 PM MST; 11:00 AM PST
- Meeting on 2007-10-12 at 12:00 PM EDT; 11:00 AM CDT; 10:00 AM MDT; 9:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-09-07 at 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-07-09 at 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-06-29 at 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-05-18 at 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-05-04 at 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-04-05 at 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Meeting on 2007-03-16 at 10:00 AM CDT
- Meeting on 2007-02-23 at 9:00 AM CST
- Meeting on 2007-02-02 at 9:00 AM CST
- Meeting on 2006-12-18 at 3:00 PM CST
- Meeting on 2006-12-14 at 10:30 AM - 10:45 AM CST
- Meeting on 2006-11-02 at 10:00 AM
- Meeting on 2006-10-11 at 1:30 PM CDT
- Meeting on 2006-05-24 at 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) to be added to or deleted from the Ebsco Accessibility Mailing List.
- You can also subscribe to the Ebsco Accessibility Mailing List by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe ebsco-access-l your_name
- Ebsco Accessibility archives