Time: 11:00 AM EDT; 10:00 AM CDT; 9:00 AM MDT; 8:00 AM PDT
- Review and discuss remaining accessibility/usability issues with the new interface. please see: http://cita.uiuc.edu/collaborate/libraryebsco/docs/ebsco_testing_07082007.htm
Ebsco Accessibility Teleconference Minutes on 09/07/2007
By: Khalilah Gambrell
- Khalilah Gambrell
- Rob Rolsma
- Diane Moodie
- Ken Petri
- Hadi Rangin
- Virginia Martz
Discussed Hadi’s report (http://cita.uiuc.edu/collaborate/libraryebsco/docs/ebsco_testing_07082007.htm)
Choose Database Selection Page
- Updated with Title tag
- Updated with H1 tag
- Updates will be pushed to live by the end of September at the latest
- Select All databases option will be considered an enhancement request.
Basic and Advanced Search pages
- Updated the Select Database dropdown so that Submit and Cancel buttons are always present.
- EBSCO successfully tested the sort by, language, and database selection dropdowns for keyboard and screen reader functionality
Limiters and Expanders
- Updating titles To Month and To Year – will be addressed at a later date. Please note that JAWS reads the labels correctly.
Articles Details page
- Title element missing.
- Heading 1 missing
- Need to discuss an appropriate Title and H1 tags with more users and internally
- Redundant headings – at meeting decided to not pursue request outlined in report
- More headings needed – at meeting decided to stand pat for now and the format will be reconsidered in the future
Results List page
- Redundant heading "Result list" – will work to resolve the redundancies with H1 and H3 tags
- Changing Added link to Remove will be considered a future feature enhancement
- Hadi to re-test the usability of the following dropdowns:
- Language by
- Sort by
- Select Databases
- Hadi will send a link to the survey tool WebToolshop
- Ken and Khalilah will test Survey Gizmo for accessibility as it has been recommended on other listservs (http://www.surveygizmo.com/)
- Khalilah will gather a brief explanation of how Editorial develops accessible PDFs - possibly have someone come to the next meeting
- Khalilah will send several results for Hadi and Ken to test for PDF Full Text accessibility
After meeting notes and questions
- Hadi, do you have a timeframe for updating the following issues (http://cita.uiuc.edu/collaborate/libraryebsco/issues.php)?
- Have yet to schedule meeting as it will be based on Action items
- Will setup meetings to discuss upcoming Accessing Higher Group conference
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) to be added to or deleted from the Ebsco Accessibility Mailing List.
- You can also subscribe to the Ebsco Accessibility Mailing List by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe ebsco-access-l your_name
- Ebsco Accessibility archives