Time: 3:30 PM EDT; 2:30 PM CDT; 1:30 PM MDT; 12:30 PM PDT
- Continued discussion/finalize PRD draft
MiraPoint Accessibility Teleconference 10/08/2007
Scribe: Gale Stafford
- Date: Monday November 12, 2007
- time: 3:30 PM EDT; 2:30 PM CDT; 1:30 PM MDT; 12:30 PM PDT
- Phone: 217 265-9888
- Larry to follow up on the accessible version of No Frames mode which was discussed in the previous teleconference.
- Howard to send Larry information concerning Boulder’s accessibility conference.
- Larry to send an invite to Hadi and Jon for the 10/10/2007 testing of the webinar.
- Howard Kramer (UC Boulder)
- Larry Herman (Mirapoint)
- Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Hadi Rangin (University of Illlinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- Gale Stafford (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
Larry – this PRD … will be considered at the same time for MOS 4.2 decision making. Resource allocation and resource leveling for that release. Needs to be resolved before the end of the this month to see who or what we allocate to that development. Hadi – logistical question. Instead of using a Word doc, is it possible to use an HTML version of the PRD? (but doesn’t want much time spent on this.) Larry will take a look at this. Jon may be able to get some information to Larry that could help in this regard. Larry – we’re looking at a variety of new presentations for webmail. Nothing has been decided at this point. At the end of the month (October), our goal is to decide on a direction to take. Hadi asks Larry about an accessible version of “no frames”. Larry forgot to follow up on that but will do so. Larry says Mirapoint will probably decide on creating another presentation – a presentation that both Standard and Corporate Edition users would be satisfied with. Larry will send back to the group the public version of this PRD which has the internal company stuff (contacts, names, email addresses) removed. Hadi asks about Mirapoint’s developers and their location. Larry says Mirapoint has 4 developers in India, and 3 in Sunnyvale. About a 50-50 split. Hadi says it could be useful to meet with Mirapoint’s developers. Larry suggest a webinar format for the meeting – Jon and Hadi agree it might work. Jon - Goal of meeting would be to teach the developers about accessibility issues. Larry says Mirapoint uses Raindance for webinar conferences. You can share your desktop, and turn over control of the desktop to a meeting participant. Jon asks about how to join people on audio. Larry – for the speech element, people call into a number and type in a conference ID. For the visual element, people use Raindance. Hadi asks if he should have access to a Corporate Edition interface. Larry suggests that’s not too important and explains why Standard Edition is more important. Larry – action item – re: testing the webinar - he will invite 3 people to a test run. In that conference call, he would provide a dial in number and conference ID and a web URL. Hadi needs to provide a small 2 minute demo as a test. Jon suggests testing later this week. Jon, Larry and Hadi agree on testing this on 10/10 at 3:30 PM Central time, 1:30 PM Pacific time. Hadi asks if anyone has technical questions concerning the PRD. There are none. Hadi asks when we should hear from Larry regarding the decision. Larry says end of the month. It may take a week or two after that since we have other things going on at that time, as well. Hadi asks if we should tentatively set a meeting …. Larry suggests 2^nd Monday of November. Larry says by that point we should know what the 4.2 release will do for everyone and how much of the PRD will be incorporated. Howard talks about their accessibility conference hosted at Boulder in first week of November. 200 attendees from around the country. This could be a marketing opportunity for Mirapoint. Howard will send a link about this event to Larry. Jon says there is at least one another company coming: EBSCO. Library database work.
Open Action Items
- Test Rain Dance Teleconferencing technology for potential Training Webinar
- Person responsible: Larry Herman, Jon Gunderson, Hadi Rangin
- Status: In progress; first test on 10/10/2007 failed
- To join this interest group, send an e-mail to Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com).
- To post an e-mail to the list, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To subscribe to the Mirapoint Accessibility Mailing List, send an e-mail to listserv.listserv.uiuc.edu with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe mirapoint-access-l your_name
- To view the archive of this list, go to MiraPoint Accessibility archives .