Time: 3:30 PM EST; 2:30 PM CST; 1:30 PM MST; 12:30 PM PST
- Decision regarding the accessible version of the WebMail product
- List of accepted accessible features in the PRD and their timelines
- Training Weninar
The teleconference was canceled because larry couldn't make it, however he sent the following response to my inquiry regarding the status of the PRD.
HadiThanks Hadi: Sorry I can't make the meeting today, I'm swamped. We are working on finalizing a plan for a new WebMail/WebCal GUI that will incorporate many/all of the features of both the current Standard Edition and the Current Corporate Edition. Because its mostly an all new front end interface, the current plan is to incorporate this into MOS 4.3 towards the end of 2008. It will have the look and feel of the Corporate Edition and hopefully incorporate the usability enhancements defined in the PRD that you all have seen and participated in. Additionally, I have located a copy of the Temple University branding files. I have not yet had the time to review these, but I plan to do this in the next few weeks. My goal here is to illustrate how Temple University improved WebMail usability by doing this custom branding project. This branding process has the advantage of being usable on the current MOS versions and could be applied to the current MOS 3.7, or 3.8 implementations at your schools. Applying a new brand is something which requires work from our customers to edit some HTML style sheets and other similar techniques which can result in a customized "view". The end effect being much improved usability features. This work can also be accomplished by our Professional Services group for a fee. Most (almost all) of our customers perform a very simplistic branding process to incorporate your own school logo and colors into WebMail but there is actually alot more that can be accomplished. My next step is to evaluate the Temple brand and illustrate to you how we can accomplish your goals in short term without waiting another year. Many thanks, Larry
Open Action Items
- Test Rain Dance Teleconferencing technology for potential Training Webinar
- Person responsible: Larry Herman, Jon Gunderson, Hadi Rangin
- Status: In progress; first test on 10/10/2007 failed
- To join this interest group, send an e-mail to Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com).
- To post an e-mail to the list, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To subscribe to the Mirapoint Accessibility Mailing List, send an e-mail to listserv.listserv.uiuc.edu with the following command in the body of your e-mail:
subscribe mirapoint-access-l your_name
- To view the archive of this list, go to MiraPoint Accessibility archives .