Time: 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Discussion of the action items from last teleconference including the creation of the BB-DOC Wiki and the posting of the Blackboard information by Andy Jacobson.
- Maintenance and format of the Wiki documents.
- Resources that have already been created by participating institutions.
Blackboard Accessibility Documentation Sub-group minutes 10/01/2007
Scribe: Jane Fridrich
Next bb-doc meeting
- Date: Wednesday November 28, 2007
- Time: 2:00 PM EST; 1:00 PM CST; 12:00 PM MST; 11:00 AM PST
- Phone: TBD
- Debby Mowry UNC Charlotte
- Kevin Price University of Ilinois
- Andy Jacobson BB
- Lisa Fiedor North Carolina State U
- David Schwarte Purdue U
- Hadi Rangin University of Illinois
- Jane Fridrich WLU
-some folks have seen the wiki some not -Kevin- easy to create -Hadi-editing environment a bit different – no place to edit content - Hadi will do further testing on this - Andy has posted pre-existing material - Andy – BB info posted as an example - Hadi- need guidelines to keep project under control - eg not good practice to reference external domains unless you have to- files get moved, links get broken- keep inside wiki environment to control content - eg use headings -does Athen pro wiki have its own formatting ?- unknown - other wiki examples: eg ‘Quick and Easy’ allows preferences to be set regarding interface - possibility of seeking out athen group re media wiki at AHG conference to get more info and see if they have ideas on how to fix accessibility issues - those materials coming out of BB production documentaion group – basically are the instructor manual with extracted parts on accessibility - Andy- scope of disability needs makes it hard to make a document relevant to all parties - where to start- Hadi- just put it on there! - copyright isues –we will use referencing – need to look into formats – so we can all do it the same way - nov 12 1:30 next major group meeting - others from outside group would like to join – will attend next general meeting’ - we ( BB-Doc) will meet after next general meeting - action items: -each person to contribute something to wiki by next BB-doc meeting - Kevin will put references to versions on main page – we will deal with those versions - post stuff that is common to versions Content leaders to make sure relevant content is on sub pages and edit as necessary: -Lisa -content -Jane - AT user - Debby- support group (general guidelines) - Hadi and Kevin - development- best practices - set up wiki to e-mail when someone edits page -November 28 next meeting – Lisa or Kevin to confirm with Hadi
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested to work to be included in any of the collaboration groups.