Time: 2:00 PM EST; 1:00 PM CST; 12:00 PM MST; 11:00 AM PST
bb-doc Teleconference info
- Date: Wednesday November 28, 2007
- Time: 2:00 PM EST; 1:00 PM CST; 12:00 PM MST; 11:00 AM PST
- Phone: 217 265-5200
Agenda for the next bb-doc Teleconference
- Discuss documentation added to wiki
- Maintenance and format of the documents
Open Action Items
From Hadi's email:
Our Documentation subgroup is in process of collecting documentations, notes, messages, reference materials and anything related to the following categories.
Everyone and I really mean everyone, please provide any documentation you have or you have or know about either of the topics below to the responsible person mentioned below. If you are not sure whom to send to, feel free send it either to me ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or Lisa Fiedor (lisa_fiedor@NCSU.EDU ). Once we have collected enough data, then we want to go through them and revise and update them with the hope that we can compile a comprehensive documentations for everyone who is dealing with Blackboard in one way or another. Of course, we will acknowledge all authors and their respected copyright materials.
- BB Support group: Create documentations explaining how AT software/hardware work and how people with disabilities access electronic/web-based information.
- Person in charge: Debby Mowry
- E-mail: email@example.com
- BB Development group: Create documentations explaining the universal design and helpful features that enable AT software/hardware to access web applications properly-- customized Best Practices for Blackboard application developers.
- Person in charge: Kevin Price
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistive Technology users: Create help files explaining how to use and interact with vista 4 and/or Blackboard Academic Suite with AT software/hardware
- Person in charge: Jane Fridrich
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Content creator: Create documentation how instructional designers and content crater can produce more generally accessible contents
- Person in charge: Lisa Fiedor
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scribe: Lisa Fiedor
- Date: Wednesday December 19, 2007
- Time: 3:00 PM EST; 2:00 PM CST; 1:00 PM MST; 12:00 PM PST
- CoChair: Lisa Fiedor
- Phone: (217) 265-9181
- Everyone is going to continue to add items to the Wiki.
- Andy Jacobson and Beth Stinson are going to send out Blackboard Course on Accessibility and Universal Design. Everyone is to look at it and give feedback for next meeting.
- Kevin is going to modify the wiki with more information concerning the versions of Vista/Blackboard we are using.
- Kevin Price (leader), University of Illinois at Chicago
- Lisa Fiedor, North Carolina State University
- Jane Fridrich, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Andy Jacobson, Blackboard
- Beth Stinson, Blackboard
- Cindy Poore-Paraseu, Bristol Community College
- Hadi Rangin, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
Blackboard Course on Accessibility and Universal Design
Andy Jacobson and Beth Stinson presented information about the Blackboard Course on Accessibility and Universal Design that Beth developed. This course is free. The course is for CE6 & Vista 4 and Beth would like feedback from this group. Main audience of course is anyone advocating accessibility in their course. Andy will make a link so everyone can access the course by Friday, 11/30/07.
Information added to the Wiki Discussion
Lisa and Jane added materials to the Wiki that look good. The other areas need to be worked on. Hadi wanted to make sure everyone uses proper headings and and proper list markup when adding information to the Wiki for accessibility purposes. Also it is good to spell check all your added information. Right now we are collecting material and will revise as needed later. We need to search the web to add as many materials as possible. Material needs to be for Academic Suite 7.3 or newer, and CE 6 and Vista 4 or newer. Andy indicated that Pre-existing Blackboard material has changed from Bb AS 6 to current version. Information about the versions covered will be added to the wiki page by Kevin.
Hadi: Jason Minkoff needs support documentation to educate the support team about accessibility basics and potential problems. Development group could use materials from the Web Accessibility Best Practices group run by Jon Gunderson of UIUC. Jane asked about the differences between CE6 and Vista 4 and Blackboard Academic Suite. Andy indicated we should focus on Vista 4 environment
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) if you are interested to work to be included in any of the collaboration groups.