Time: 3:00 PM EST; 2:00 PM CST; 1:00 PM MST; 12:00 PM PST
- Feedback/Review of Blackboard Course on Accessibility and Universal Design
- Review of posted BB-Doc materials on Wiki
- Strategies for organizing, developing, discovering other materials for the Wiki
Scribe: Lisa Fiedor
- Date: Wednesday January 23, 2008
- Time: 3:00 PM EST; 2:00 PM CST; 1:00 PM MST; 12:00 PM PST
- Phone Number: 217 265-6999
- Everyone is going to continue to add items to the Wiki.
- Send feedback to list regarding the Blackboard accessibility course by January 16th, 2008.
- Find documentation about the HTML editors in Bb Academic Suite and Vista.
- Jane is going to set up a BB-DOC tag for del.icio.us, then the group members need to find urls, post them to del.icio.us, and tag them with the BB-DOC tag.
- Kevin Price, UIC, Chair
- Lisa Fiedor, NC State, Co-Chair
- Dean Brusnighan, Purdue
- Jane Fridrich, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Hadi Rangin, UIUC
- David Schwarte, Purdue
- Beth Stinson, Blackboard
BB-DOC Wiki page
Discussion of Blackboard Accessibility Course
Hadi had sent comments to the list and Beth has found them informative. Several people have reviewed the course and Hadi's comments. The consensus is that it is a lot of good information and resources and Hadi's comments will make it even more helpful.
Hadi is working on guidelines for instructional designers that we can use for our purposes in this subgroup. Hadi has asked if we can put the course up on the web somewhere, maybe the wiki, although we still can send feedback via email.
Beth has the course built out for Bb Academic Suite and Vista 4.2. The HTML files are the same content as the course information but there are not links between the HTML files currently.
Discussion of Materials on the Wiki
Some updates have been added to the wiki. We need someone to take on the role of leading the Support group subject area now that Debbie Mowry is no longer part of the group.
Hadi urges folks to devote 1-2 hours a week to work on the needs for this group.
Strategies for organizing, developing, discovering other materials for the wiki
One strategy is to use local resources that may have BB accessibility materials. Kevin is going to contact people in his local area including Ed Garay, Chris Dobson, and Brandon Taylor. Jane suggests sharing bookmarks with a social bookmarking tool like del. icio.us. For support group: Google searching can start with a vendor, then proceed through links from there.
Hadi asked if there is documentation about the HTML editors in Bb Academic Suite and Vista.
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) if you are interested to work to be included in any of the collaboration groups.