Time: 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Overview of standards-based requirements and verification plan + feedback
- Priority discussion for high-attention tasks + feedback
- Discussion of where and how ARIA could potentially be used
- Next steps
Instruction how to join the Webex session:
Webex Topic: Accessibility User Group
- Go to https://blackboard.webex.com/blackboard/j.php?ED=108477802&UID=0&PW=7a227c640d10491f1d
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the meeting password: users
- Click "Join Now".
Scribe: Stephanie Cupp
Some highlights on the takeaways from the meeting:
- We should rely on the user agent to control font size, but provide the user with information about how they can do that.
- Blackboard should look into the IMS Global work on user preferences.
- Labels should reference rather than encapsulate input fields. (One update since the meeting - I (Stephanie) checked and we are in fact already heading down this path. Bb "Classic" Release 8 includes this update as well.)
- Blackboard should make sure that navigation is clear when there is no breadcrumb and attempt to not create these scenarios.
- Blackboard should add a verification point on ensuring IDs and headers are unique on a page.
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested to work to be included in any of the collaboration groups.