Time: 4:00 PM EST; 3:00 PM CST; 2:00 PM MST; 1:00 PM PST
- Update on the WYNN Documentation
- Discussion of the list of How To Guides
- Effective and useful hints for tutorials for screen reader users
- Creating tutorials with Captivate
Scribe: Kevin Price
- Date: Tuesday February 24, 2008
- Time: 3:00 PM EDT; 2:00 PM CDT; 1:00 PM MDT; 12:00 PM PDT
- TC Conferencing System http://www.conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs6f8d74c6e823
- Lisa Fiedor, NC, Co-Chair
- Kevin Price, UIC, Co-Chair
- Hadi Rangin, UIUC
- Beth Stinson, Blackboard
Update on the Wynn Discussion
Cheryl could not make it to give the update
Discussion of the list of How To Guides
So far there only been a few submissions. Lisa posted submissions off of the Athen wiki: http://www.athenpro.org/wiki/index.php5?title=%22How_to%22_Accessibility_Guides_for_Students_and_Instructors Overall there haven't been many submissions. Further discussion includes how to proceed with this area.
Effective and useful hints for tutorials for screen reader users
Discussion was on the new screen reader tutorial. The screen reader tutorial has been developed for Blackboard 8.0 and not 9.0. There are many new features in the newer versions for screen reader users so there was a question whether the tutorial will be need to be rewritten for the new version.
Creating tutorials with Captivate
A task for the group members was given by one of the Blackboard employees on how accessibility could be built into the captivate tuturiols. Some examples of developing captivate accessibility was discussed and will be sent out to the group before the next meeting.
- Please contact Hadi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) if you are interested to work to be included in any of the collaboration groups.