Time: 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Update on latest version of grid example:
- Jaws and Window-eyes behavior on the grid example
- Update on Best Practices
The "Keyboard commands and desired action" sub-section of "E-mail Grid View" is up-to-date based on our discussion and consensus.
WebMail Teleconference 04/19/2007
Scribe: No official scribe; merged notes from Hadi and Carl Brasic
- Date: May 3, 2007
- time: 2:00 PM EDT; 1:00 PM CDT; 12:00 PM MDT; 11:00 AM PDT
- Phone: 217 244-7532 (note: the phone number has changed)
- Scribe: TBD
- Hadi Rangin
- Jon Gunderson
- Carl Brasic
- Julio Chavarria
- Matt Anderson
- Ken Petri
- Don Evans
- Mike Scott
Status of the grid example
- Most keyboard command behaviors are implemented.
Problems with the example
- Mouse click doesn’t focus clicked row
- Shift+TAB doesn’t unfocus the grid.
- Shift+Left/Right focus behavior is wrong
- Currently using title attribute to set accessible name. Should use ARIA labelledby attribute.
- Screen readers fail to announce updates to checked state
Jon talked about the fact that we need to serve pages in xhtml+xml for ARIA to work, which might be a problem since IE doesn't render pages with that mimetype. Also about how the IBM enable.js script can get around some of those cross-browser difficulties.
- Add “Known issues” section to the example
- Jon and Carl are investigating and researching solutions for the problems
- Please contact Hadi Bargi Rangin (e-mail: email@example.com) to be added to or deleted from the discussion list
- Discussion list archives
IRC Server and Channel Information
This will provide a means to share information during a teleconference and see the minutes in real time.
- Server: irc.w3.org
- Port number: 6665
- Channel: #webmail