- 2 Day Universal Design Workshop
- Registration Form for Universal Design Workshop
- Cost: $345 ($245 for Employees of the State of Illinois and Higher Educational Institutions in Illinois)
- Dates:May 21st & 22nd, 2008
- Time: 9:00am-4:30pm on May 21st and 9:00am-3:30pm on May 22nd
- Location:Oregon ICS Computing Lab on the University of Illinois Champaign/Urbana (Tenative)
- Instructor: Jon Gunderson, Ph.D.
- Description: This 2-day hands-on workshop is designed for web content developers to learn how to use web standards to create web resources that are more accessibile to everyone including people with disabilities. Participants will learn about the accessibility issues faced by people with disabilities in using the web, and how web resources can be designed to improve accessibility using web standards. Participants will learn about the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) and the Federal Section 508 Information Technology Standards for improving the accessibility of web resources. Participants will learn about the strengths and weaknesses of various tools used to evaluate the functional accessibility of web resources. The primary activity of the workshop will be building a web pages and forms using the CITES/DRES HTML Accessibility Best Practices.