We are looking for people with Cerebral Palsy to participate in a study of speech recognition. The study will record your speech and lip movements while reading a list of words. The recordings will be analyzed to identify models of speech recognition that can adapt to the speech sounds and variations of dysarthric speakers. If you are interested in learning more or potentially participating in this study please fill out the interest form. If for some reason you cannot use the interest form, please contact Dr. Hasegawa-Johnson the Principal Investigator.
- Cerebral Palsy that affects speech
- 18 years old or older
- Good visual accuity to be able to read text from a computer screen
- Read at the 3rd grade level or higher
- Read words from a computer screen, words will appear one at a time on the computer screen.
- Speech, face and lip movements will be recorded for creating a computer model useful for speech recognition.
- The total time or the session is between 60-120 mintutes depending on reading speed.
- Partciptants with dysarthic speech will receive $50 for a complete session.
- If for some reason the recording session cannot be completed or the participant wishes to discontinue participation, the participant will be paid at the rate of $20/hour of actual participation.
- Participants traveling more than 10 miles can be compensated at the rate of $0.44/mile.