About Alpha Release
The version of the Mozilla Accessibility Extension available here implements special functionality related to the upcoming W3C DHTML Accessibility standards. Don't bother downloading this unless you're involved with these issues; the regular release is more useful, up-to-date, and bug-free for 99% of present-day web accessibility issues.
There are enough major bugs in this version to keep the developer busy at the moment. Please wait to submit bugs until the extension has reached a more mature state. However, reasonable feature requests or design/UI "bugs" are welcome; please email Brian (email@example.com).
Download Alpha Release
- Added List of DHTML RDF Roles, a RDF Roles browser for widgets and RDF definitions on a given page
- Merged with newest (and unreleased) code from the main on-the-road-to-1.0 branch
- All features up through 0.99.1.2517 in the main branch
- Improved menu structure
- Improved global preferences/styling
- Hide Objects
- Note: The code that detects role definitions from linked RDF documents is only used in the RDF Roles dialog, currently. Other DHTML features still use hard-coded (and somewhat out-of-date) definitions
- Note: Some menu options do not work, these will be implemented for 1.0
- "FAE Page" is intended for 1.1, now it only hits our server and shows the serialized DOM in a new browser window
- Resolved install crashing conflict with other extension (i.e. Web Developer Extension)
- Added keyCode, charCode information in DHTML log
- First public release. Check out the DHTML menu for watch, logging, and relationship listing capabilities.
- List of DHTML relationships especially buggy
- "To" field not working
- Doesn't allow references to non-widgets
- Bidirectionality error message not showing
- No recognition of widgets not defined in the W3C specification
- Export Log seems not to work in Firefox tabs?
- Widgets added with DOM methods not automatically recognized
The Mozilla Extension software is provided "as is," and you use the software at your own risk. We make no warranties as to performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or any other warranties whether expressed or implied. No oral or written communication from or information provided by UIUC shall create a warranty. Under no circumstances shall UIUC be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages resulting from the use, misuse, or inability to use this software, even if UIUC has been advised of the possibility of such damages. These exclusions and limitations may not apply in all jurisdictions.