New Features in 1.00.1 (accessext-1.00.1.xpi)
- Send dynamically generated web pages to Functional Accessibility Evaluator for accessibility evaluations and reporting
- Menu reorganization to match organization of CITES/DRES Web Accessibility Best Practices
- Links to accessibility checkers in the "Tools" options
- Improved keyboard navigation features
New Features in 0.99.1.2814
- Menu reorganization
- List of Objects and Hide Objects for inspection and disabling of objects (e.g. Flash and Java applications)
- Enabling "Commands and Styling affect all pages" makes any new extension changes instantly apply to all pages
- Fixed W3C Validator link
- Corrected error reporting and updated the rules for the Title dialog
- Updated the keyboard bindings and keyboard enhancements functionality (note that particular keyboard bindings will change again for 1.0)
- Disable Scripting
- Open frame in new window button in Frames dialog
New Features in 0.99.1.2580 (accessext-0.99.1.2580.xpi)
- Resolved install crashing conflict with certain extensions (i.e. Web Developer Extension)
New Features in 0.99.1.2517 (accessext-0.99.1.2517.xpi)
- New standards menu: validate the browser page with the W3C HTML, CSS, Link, Tidy utilities and the WDG HTML and Link utilities
- Browse language definition markup in page
- Check for Updates option
New Features in 0.99.1.2446 (accessext-0.99.1.2446.xpi)
- Bugfix for the newest build of Mozilla (Seamonkey)
- New menu structure (as-yet unimplemented features are in italics)
- List of Image Maps
- List of Objects
- Two versions of black and white high contrast stylesheets replace the one colored version
- Disable Meta-Refresh (only for the current tab)
New Features in 0.99.1.2283 (accessext-0.99.1.2283.xpi)
- Added Italian and Spanish locale support, thanks to BabelZilla!
- Improved menu organization
- Percent zoom displayed
- Numerous bug fixes, especially when examining AJAX-style pages
New Features in 0.99.1.1851 (accessext-0.99.1.1851.xpi)
- Fixed inconsistencies with TITLE and ALT attribute rendering for some lists and other minor bugs
New Features in 0.99.1.1831 (accessext-0.99.1.1831.xpi)
- Add view TITLE and H1 element feature, TITLE should be uniwue for each document in a website and the H1 element should indicate the sub page of a website
New Features in 0.99.1.1823 (accessext-0.99.1.1823.xpi)
- Highlights missing accessibility information in lists of form control labels, alt text for images an\ d titles for frames in red.
- Added an option column under list of forms dialog box to identify the source of a label for a form\ control: LABEL element, TITLE attribute, VALUE attribute or NONE.
New Features in 0.99.1.1769 (accessext-0.99.1.1769.xpi)
- Added an option column under list of forms dialog box to identify the source of a label for a form control: LABEL element, TITLE attribute, VALUE attribute or NONE.
New Features in 0.99.1.1732 (accessext-0.99.1.1732.xpi)
- No new features, just cleanning up underlying code
Beta Version 0.99.1.1630 (accessext-0.99.1.1663.xpi)
- Keyboard Navigation works in Frames
- Longdesc column added to list of images
Beta Version 0.99 (2005-10-03-accessibilityext.xpi)
- Addition of Keyboard Navigation
- Navigation Bars
- Enable/Disable of Menu Shortcut Keys
- Enable/Disable of Keyboard Enhancements
- Documentation updated
Beta Version 0.98 (2005-05-27-accessibilityext.xpi)
- Fixed problems with list of relationships
- Added to style menu the ability to selectively view content marked with ROLE/LINK coding
- Fixed some bugs with table navigation
Beta Version 0.97.5.944 (2005-04-15-accessibilityext.xpi)
- Fix "move to" feature in Table of Contents
Beta Version 0.97.5.919 (2005-05-26-accessibilityext.xpi)
- Expand Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Added zoom features to toolbar
- Added table navigation feature
- Moved Accessibility and Navigation menu feature to main toolbar
- Relabeled many toolbar items to make function names more meaningful
- Implemented experimental Table of Contents feature to navigate document structure through use of the LINK element with the REL attribute set to one of the following values. The href attribute is then used to point to the ID of the corresponding element in the document.
REL attribute values and definitions
x2:main This defines the main content of a document.
x2:secondary This is any unique section of the document. In the case of a portal, this may include but not be limited to: show times; current weather; or stocks to watch.
x2:navigation This is the navigation bar on a web document. This is typically a list of links to other pages on the site or other areas of the same document.
x2:banner A banner is usually defined as the advertisement at the top of a web page. The banner content typically contains the site or company logo and other key advertisements for the site.
x2:contentinfo This is information about the content on the page. For example, footnotes, copyrights, links to privacy statements, etc. would belong here.
x2:note The content is parenthetic or ancillary to the main content of the resource.
x2:seealso Indicates that the element contains content that is related to the main content of the page.
x2:search This is the search section of a web document. This is typically a form used to submit search requests about the site or is a more general Internet wide search service.
Beta Version 0.96 (2005-04-08-accessibilityext.xpi)
- Added high contrast stylesheet
- Rearranged menus
- Fix bugs related to detecting form labels
Beta Version 0.92
- Adds list of relations
Beta Version 0.91
- Adds list of forms
Beta Version 0.9
- List of links
- List of headers
- List of MAP elements
- List of frames
- List of images
- List of accesskeys
- List of events
- Disable/enable author styling
- Disable/enable user style sheets
- Disable/enable images
- Disable/enable accesskeys
- Linearize tables
- Replace images with ALT text descriptions
Planned Features for Next Version ()
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Render data table header information