Visual Impairment Simulator for Microsoft Windows
VIS is a program that simulates what it is like to use Microsoft Windows with a visual impairment. You start VIS running, and then use Microsoft Windows normally while VIS applies a visual impairment to your screen.
More about VIS
- The beta version of VIS has been released! This will contain more or less all of the features that the final version will contain. New features include the ability to export screenshots to the clipboard, a Diabetic Retinopathy impairment, across-the-board updates of impairment accuracy, an updated interface, a magnifier tool and dynamic previews.
- Version 0.04a worked fine on windows XP but had problems with older versions of windows. This bug has been fixed, and a new version, 0.04b has been released.
- Version 0.04 had a problem that prevented it from installing on many computers. This bug has been fixed, and a new version, 0.04a has been released.
- Version 0.04 has been released. The version added the ability to take save screenshots to PNG, JPG, and TIFF format, improved the accuracy of cataracts, and added hyperopia.
- Version 0.03 has been released. The version added the ability to take screenshots, an impairment for glaucoma, increases in scienctific accuracy of the existing impairments, and more.
- Version 0.02 has been released. The version added an installer, fixed the mouse cursor problem on Windows 2000, added an about box, and more.
- Version Alpha 0.01 was released.