Download of Visual Impairment Simulator for Microsoft Windows
- Important: Uninstall any previous versions of the simulator before installing a new version!
- Download the newest version to your computer.
- Double click "VISbeta.msi" to start the installation.
- Follow the installation directions.
- If this is your first time using VIS, read the manual here
- Double-Click on the icon on your desktop or start menu to start VIS.
- beta 1 (4/22/2005)
- Screenshots can be exported to the clipboard
- Diabetic Retinopathy impairment added
- Across-the-board updates of impairment accuracy
- New interface for controlling mouse displacement
- Magnifier tool added
- Dynamic preview of the impairments added
- beta .04 (2/28/2005)
- Screenshots can be exported as PNG, JPG, or TIFF in addition to BMP
- Improved the scientific accuracy of Cataracts
- Added Hyperopia (Farsightedness)
- beta .03 (1/18/2005)
- Added a the ability to take screenshots
- Made the mouse cursor be impaired on windows XP
- Tweaked all impairments for realism
- Added Glaucoma
- Added menus for easier control
- Changed the about window to have links to the web page
- beta .02
- Wrote a manual
- Added the colorblindness tests to the colorblindness help
- Added an about box describing the program with links to the web site
- Made the "Close" button more visible
- Tweaked impairment performance
- Fixed the mouse cursor problem on Windows 2000
- Made the "?" button into the "About Button"
- Created an installer
- beta .01
- Initial Release